On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Philadelphia Eagles along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the NFC East will square off against the other four teams from the NFC West and AFC East. Since the Eagles finished on top of the NFC East with a 10-6 record, they will also face the first place teams from the NFC North and NFC South. Here’s a look at the Eagles schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 @ St. Louis Rams
- September 18 @ Atlanta Falcons
- September 25 New York Giants
- October 2 San Francisco 49ers
- October 9 @ Buffalo Bills
- October 16 @ Washington Redskins
- October 23 Bye
- October 30 Dallas Cowboys
- November 7 Chicago Bears (Monday)
- November 13 Arizona Cardinals
- November 20 @ New York Giants
- November 27 New England Patriots
- December 1 @ Seattle Seahawks (Thursday)
- December 11 @ Miami Dolphins
- December 18 New York Jets
- December 24 @ Dallas Cowboys (Saturday)
- January 1 Washington Redskins
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.