On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Pittsburgh Steelers along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the AFC North will square off against the other four teams from the AFC South and NFC West. Since the Steelers finished on top of the AFC North with a 12-4 record, they will also face the first place teams from the AFC East and AFC West. Here’s a look at the Steelers schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 @ Baltimore Ravens
- September 18 Seattle Seahawks
- September 25 @ Indianapolis Colts
- October 2 @ Houston Texans
- October 9 Tennessee Titans
- October 16 Jacksonville Jaguars
- October 23 @ Arizona Cardinals
- October 30 New England Patriots
- November 6 Baltimore Ravens
- November 13 @ Cincinnati Bengals
- November 20 Bye
- November 27 @ Kansas City Chiefs
- December 4 Cincinnati Bengals
- December 8 Cleveland Browns (Thursday)
- December 19 @ San Francisco 49ers (Monday)
- December 24 St. Louis Rams (Saturday)
- January 1 @ Cleveland Browns
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.