On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the San Diego Chargers along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the AFC West will square off against the other four teams from the AFC East and NFC North. Since the Chargers finished in second behind the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North with a 12-4 record, they will also face the second place teams from the AFC North and AFC South. Here’s a look at the Chargers schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 Minnesota Vikings
- September 18 @ New England Patriots
- September 25 Kansas City Chiefs
- October 2 Miami Dolphins
- October 9 @ Denver Broncos
- October 16 Bye
- October 23 @ New York Jets
- October 31 @ Kansas City Chiefs (Monday)
- November 6 Green Bay Packers
- November 10 Oakland Raiders (Thursday)
- November 20 @ Chicago Bears
- November 27 Denver Broncos
- December 5 @ Jacksonville Jaguars (Monday)
- December 11 Buffalo Bills
- December 18 Baltimore Ravens
- December 24 @ Detroit Lions (Saturday)
- January 1 @ Oakland Raiders
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.