Washington Redskins 2011 Schedule
On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Washington Redskins along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the NFC East will square off against the other four teams from the NFC West and AFC East. Since the Redskins finished at the bottom of the NFC East with a 6-10 record, they will also face the last place teams from the NFC North and NFC South Here’s a look at the Redskins schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 New York Giants
- September 18 Arizona Cardinals
- September 26 @ Dallas Cowboys (Monday)
- October 2 @ St. Louis Rams
- October 9 Bye
- October 16 Philadelphia Eagles
- October 23 @ Carolina Panthers
- October 30 @ Buffalo Bills
- November 6 San Francisco 49ers
- November 13 @ Miami Dolphins
- November 20 Dallas Cowboys
- November 27 @ Seattle Seahawks
- December 4 New York Jets
- December 11 New England Patriots
- December 18 @ New York Giants
- December 24 Minnesota Vikings (Saturday)
- January 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.