26. Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh I really liked the fact that Kansas City went out on a limb after trading down. I really wasn’t surprised by this move. This is a good pickup by drafting a #2 wide receiver because Chris Chambers is aging and even though I love McCluster on special teams and as a slot guy he’s not a #2 wide receiver. Jonathan Baldwin played a #1 wide receiver role at Pittsburgh and in Kansas City his role will be easier so he should succeed. I had Baldwin as a late 2nd round pick which is why I want to give this a B grade, but they traded down to get him which bumps this grade up to a B+ if you consider if they could have got Baldwin in round 2, but drafting Baldwin is worthy of an A grade.
Overall Grade on Drafting Jonathan Baldwin A-
55. Rodney Hudson LG Florida State Rodney Hudson was a left guard at Florida State. He has the versatility to play either guard position or center, but I’m not sold on him as a center and I believe he will bust. I’m sold on his ability to blend in the Chiefs blocking scheme, but I believe he is a left guard only. This pick could be graded anywhere between A and B-.
Overall Grade on Drafting Rodney Hudson B+
70. Justin Houston 3-4 OLB Georgia This is A+ value for Houston, but he was on the right side at Georgia and tested positive for drug testing. This draft pick should get a grade between A+ and A-.
Overall Grade on Drafting Justin Houston A.
86. Allen Bailey 3-4 DE Miami FL Allen Bailey deserves an A grade for value, but deserves a C grade at the same time for not filling a team need.
Overall Grade on Drafting Allen Bailey B
118. Jalil Brown CB Colorado This pick deserves a B grade for value, but a D grade based on team needs. That averages to a C.
Overall grade on drafting Jalil Brown C
135. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa I think its safe to say Stanzi deserves an A+ grade because some people had Stanzi going in round 2.
140. Gabe Miller 3-4 OLB Oregon State I’ve never heard of Miller and I believe Miller has difficulty making the Chiefs final roster. This pick is worthy of an F grade.
199. Jerrell Powe NT Ole Miss Powe was once a round 2 prospect to get him at this point provides incredible value. Another A+ gem that the Chiefs acquire late in the draft.
223. Shane Bannon FB Yale You can give him an A grade for being the only Ivy League player drafted, but he deserves an F grade because better fullbacks were available for the Chiefs.
Overall Grade on Shane Bannon C-.