After such a long wait tomorrow is the start of the NFL football season and there are many good games to look forward to. One of the many interesting games, Bucs vs. Lions, is a match-up between two up and coming teams. While the game is most likely to be exciting regardless of the outcome, there a few things to look for in tomorrow’s match-up that can play a big role in how far both of these teams go this season. Here is just a few of them.
- The role that Josh Freeman will play for the Bucs- In order for the Bucs to be successful this season Freeman will need to become the leader he has promised to be.
- Can Matthew Stafford stay healthy- It seems as if every season Stafford comes down with a different injury and the Lions are hindered by this. If the Lions are going to have any chance at being successful this season, Stafford will need to stay healthy all season long.
- The Lions Defense- The Lions have a very nasty defense led by DL Ndamukong Suh and the rest of his troops. The only hole in this defense is the fact that Suh can’t play corner or safety and in order for this defense to be successful, everyone else besides Suh will need to step up.
- The Maturation Process Of Mike William- Williams emerged as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL last season and this year he will need to work hard in order to avoid the dreaded second year curse.
- The Buccaneers Defense- The last thing to look at in tomorrows game is the play of the Bucs defense. The Bucs certainly have good talent on the defensive end, the only question is whether or not they will be able to keep up with the Lions offensive weapons. Only time will tell.
So after all of this, I still believe that the Bucs will come out on top. The Lions are everyone’s hot pick to breakout and make the playoffs this season and usually teams like that fall flat on their face. Buccaneers win 27-17
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @SportsBeast24