Storylines: Cowboys vs. Jets
On a day of remembrance for Americans, tonight’s Cowboy’s game vs. the New York Jets will offer a bit of levity on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01. Here are some interesting storylines to watch for:
1. This is an emotional day for all Americans, and New Yorkers in particular. Tonight’s game will serve as a memorial of sorts for the victims of that tragic day 10 years ago. The Jets have a tribute planned to honor the victims and their loved ones, which should be quite moving.
2. Rex and Rob Ryan will meet again tonight, in Rob’s first night as the Cowboy’s DC. The two defensive gurus will each have quite a task in stopping the others’ offenses. The twins father, Buddy Ryan, who was recently diagnosed with cancer, will be in attendance to see the match-up between his sons.
3. Speaking of defense, Dallas will have their hands full with some big-time playmakers. The secondary, who will be missing Terence Newman, will have to play well, covering Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Derrick Mason. Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson pose big threats as well. QB, Mark Sanchez, has proven himself to be an effective quarterback, who has plenty of weapons around him.
4. The Cowboys running game may have a difficult time with the Jet’s stingy rushing defense. Felix Jones will get his first start as the Cowboys #1, so it will be interesting to see how he performs with the bulk of the carries. The Jets were #3 in rushing defense last season, so yards on the ground may not be easy for the Cowboys to come by.
5. The match-up between the Cowboys’ receivers and Darrelle Revis should be a good one. Revis, a 3-time Pro-Bowler and one of the best cornerbacks in the League, is known for his ability to shut down top receivers. With Miles Austin probable, but possibly not 100%, Dez Bryant may be the one to get Revis’ attention.
The two teams will meet tonight at 7:20.
5 Players Who Could Get Hit with the Franchise Tag
The New Orleans Saints have a number of UFA's this offseason, but won't be able to keep them all. Here are 5 they might franchise tag. Read More
5 Bold Predictions of Buffalo Bills in Free Agency
The Buffalo Bills seem to be a few small pieces away from getting over the hump. What will they do this offseason? Read More
Chris Collinsworth Spells Qualcomm H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E
NBC'S Chris Collinsworth might be a fan of the Chargers playing in San Diego, but he definitely isn't a fan of their stadium. Find out more here. Read More