Trapped: The Washington Redskins Fall To The Philadelphia Eagles
Every possible worst case scenario came true yesterday during the 20-13 loss to the Eagles.
There were injuries, turnovers, costly penalties, and even a benching heard round-the-world.
The Redskins came in with an obvious gameplan: Run the ball, play good defense, and don’t make mistakes.
Well, they didn’t run the ball effectively at all. The defense gave up 20 first half points, and mistakes? Yeah, there were a few.
Here are a few of the major headlines from the game:
- Rex Grossman threw four interceptions and was benched in the fourth quarter for John Beck. Mike Shanahan hasn’t announced who will start next week but plans to on Wednesday. I have a hard time believing there’s any chance it’s not Beck.
- As stated above, the running game was non-existent.
- Lesean McCoy ran wild on the Redskins defense, tallying 126 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries.
- Michael Vick added 54 more rushing yards and threw a first half touchdown to tight end Brent Celek.
- The Redskins suffered a few key injuries. Chris Cooley has a broken finger that may require surgery. Kory Licthensteiger tore some ligaments in his knee and is done for the year, and Trent Williams suffered a high ankle sprain which will likely cause him to miss some time.
That’s pretty much all you need to know.
Stay tuned for my weekly Good, Bad, and Ugly analysis later today.
Photo of Eagles NT Beau Allen proves the Cowboys are not America’s team
This photo of Eagles nose tackle Beau Allen proves the Cowboys are not America's team. Read More
Can Austin Seferian-Jenkins live up to expectations?
Mike Evans was the standout rookie last season, but which member of his draft class will join him in production this year? Read More
Has anyone figured out what’s wrong with Malcom Brown?
New England Patriots fans and NFL Draft experts alike have no idea how Malcom Brown fell to No. 32 in the first round. Read More
What could Arizona Cardinals players dive in a vat of?
What should Arizona Cardinals players dive into a vat of? Read More