Ten Venomous Thoughts on the Chicago Bears
1. The Bears are so much better off without Brett Favre or Donovan McNabb. It’s gotten to the point where we’re happy with seven yard passes. Caleb Hanie is really bad. And the Bears couldn’t figure that out. Go figure.
2. There’s a reason why Marion Barber isn’t in Dallas anymore. People are shocked that he’s kinda dumb.
3. Cornerback Zach Bowman had one of the worst games Sunday. It’s usually a good idea not to leave an opponent wide open for a touchdown. The most priceless part of it was him looking around for someone to blame.
4. Lovie Smith went from having an excellent season to being a bad coach fairly quickly. Obviously losing Jay Cutler didn’t help, but for a team to fall apart at key moments of a game is making Smith more like Dave Wannstedt.
5. I’m a huge critic of Greg Olsen. But compared to Kellen Davis, he’s a Hall of Famer. Davis is lazy. He has the size to be a monster, but the desire to be nothing more than a bad Chicago Bears tight end. While Lance Louis hasn’t played as well the last few weeks, I’m guessing Davis’ poor blocking skills aren’t helping.
6. Jerry Angelo has hinted that he may retire soon. This may be forced but I’d say overall he’s been average. I really hope that his replacement isn’t done in typical Bears fashion. I won’t keep my hopes up too high.
7. Since the Bears are still theoretically alive in the playoff hunt, it won’t happen. But wouldn’t it be nice to see a new quarterback under center this Sunday. Watching Hanie is painful.
8. Does Earl Bennett even exist in Hanie’s world? Perhaps if he threw to the one guy that will catch it, he’d he better.
9. Speaking of football oblivion, is Dane Sanzenbacher even alive anymore?
10. I don’t know about you, but this Sunday is going to be painful to watch. But I’ll do it because I enjoy pain, agony and misery. Thanks for effing up my winter Chicago Bears.
Follow me on Twitter at ChicagoBearJew.