Now it’s official. The National Football League released full schedules for all 32 teams at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday night. Below is the full 2012 schedule for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
1. 9/9 Bucs vs. Panthers, 4:15 PM
2. 9/16 Bucs @ Giants, 1:00 PM
3. 9/23 Bucs @ Cowboys, 1:00 PM
4. 9/30 Bucs vs. Redskins, 4:15 PM
5. BYE WEEK
6. 10/14 Bucs vs. Chiefs, 1:00 PM
7. 10/21 Bucs vs. Saints, 1:00 PM
8. 10/25 Bucs @ Vikings, 8:20 PM NFL Network
9. 11/4 Bucs @ Raiders, 4:05 PM
10. 11/11 Bucs vs. Chargers, 1:00 PM
11. 11/18 Bucs @ Panthers, 1:00 PM
12. 11/25 Bucs vs. Falcons, 1:00 PM
13. 12/2 Bucs @ Broncos, 4:05 PM
14. 12/9 Bucs vs. Eagles, 1:00 PM
15. 12/16 Bucs @ Saints, 1:00 PM
16. 12/23 Bucs vs. Rams, 1:00 PM
17. 12/30 Bucs @ Falcons, 1:00 PM
So, this will be the full schedule for the Bucs in 2012. I’m not a fan of judging the strength of schedule right from the beginning, but it looks rather tough. Many were expecting an easier schedule. Tampa Bay has to play the defending Super Bowl champs, which is never a good sign. Other tough matchups include the Eagles in week 14, the Broncos in week 13, and the Cowboys in week 3.
However, the Bucs will also be playing teams like the Rams, Chiefs, and Raiders, which could all become winnable games. But, Tampa Bay has the talent to put a good football team on the field in 2012, and this schedule will give them a chance to prove that they are a much better team than in 2011. Also, as promised each team will have at least one primetime game, and the Bucs have theirs against the Vikings on NFL Network. That matchup will be in week 8, so the team will have the dreaded short week that scares many players and coaches.
For now, here’s the full schedule. We will have more analysis later.
You can follow Max Luckan on Twitter @MaxLuckan