The following is based purely on the present rosters, prior to the 2012 NFL Draft, and is provided to give fans an idea of how good of a team the Jets are at this time:
- September 09, 2012: vs. Buffalo Bills (27:24)- New York wins a close game after Nick Folk kicks the game winning field goal.
- September 16, 2012: at Pittsburgh Steelers (14:26)- Mark Sanchez struggles, while the Steelers sack him seven times, and the Jets lose by twelve points.
- September 23, 2012: at Miami Dolphins (34:13)-For the first time this season Sanchez and Tim Tebow play the way Mike Tannenbaum and the coaching staff envisioned resulting in a win over the Miami Dolphins.
- September 30, 2012: vs. San Francisco 49ers (16:21)-Surprisingly Shonn Greene and Tebow struggle to run effectively against the 49ers defense, while Sanchez shows some signs of progressing as a quarterback, but in the end the Jets lose by five.
- October 08, 2012: vs. Houston Texans (17:12)- Neither offense gets into a rhythm in this game but the Jets defense shines in this game and the home team wins by five points.
- October 14, 2012: vs. Indianapolis Colts (25:9)- The Jets start the game off by recording a safety and Andrew Luck finds out why Revis Island is so frightening to the rest of the league as the Jets win by 16 points.
- October 21, 2012: at New England Patriots (13:41)- Tom Brady throws for over 350 yards and five touchdowns as the Patriots dominate the Jets via the air and ground. The visiting team loses by 27 points.
- October 28, 2012: vs. Miami Dolphins (24:10)- At this point Sanchez is still the starting quarterback of the Jets and he is able to rally his team to a 14 point victory over the Dolphins.
- Week 9 Bye
- November 11, 2012: at Seattle Seahawks (21:9)-Sanchez continues to prove himself as the starting quarterback and has his best game of the season throwing for over 300 yards in a 12 point victory over the Seahawks.
- November 18, 2012: at St.Louis Rams (24:30)- Joe McKnight is officially declared the starting running back for the Jets as he runs for over 150 yards but both Sanchez and Tebow struggle resulting in a shocking six point loss for the Jets.
- November 22, 2012: vs. New England Patriots (3:40)- The NFL decided that the Jets schedule was too easy so they made sure to make it tougher for them by scheduling a game, with the best team in the AFC, four days after they lose to the Rams. The Jets lose in week 12 by 37 points.
- December 02, 2012: vs. Arizona Cardinals (31:15)-Once again the Sanchez and Tebow lead the team to a convincing 16 point victory and the Cardinals are convinced they need to get a new quarterback.
- December 09, 2012: at Jacksonville Jaguars (27:13)-Tebow convinces his hometown’s fans that their team “should” have acquired him and the Jets win in Florida by 14 points.
- December 17, 2012: at Tennessee Titans (21:24)-Sanchez throws a pick six that causes the Jets to lose by three points.
- December 23, 2012: vs. San Diego Chargers (27:35)-The Chargers avenge their 2011 loss to the Jets and Rex Ryan starts to consider utilizing Tebow in the Wildcat more frequently than Sanchez.
- December 30, 2012: at Buffalo Bills (20:28)-The front office’s plan blows up in his face as the Jets lose their third straight game and Woody Johnson decides to fire Tannenbaum and his staff.
Right now the Jets project to have an 8-8 (+/-2) record. Hopefully the team does something in the draft that positively alters their fate.