X

Have feedback / suggestions? Let us know!

NFL Chicago Bears

Jay Cutler Calls Out His Own Offensive Line and Bears’ Front Office

Chicago Bears fans expectations this year are through the roof. Quarterback Jay Cutler went on the air Friday and basically told everyone he’s not so sure about those expectations. After a lousy 8-8 campaign last year, it’s playoffs or bust this season. Reuniting wide receiver Brandon Marshall with quarterback Jay Cutler is the talk of the town, as Chicago hasn’t had a big-time receiver since….Curtis Conway? Marty Booker? My fingers just trembled typing that. This clearly isn’t enough though, as Cutler called out his own offensive line, and even the front office in a recent radio interview here in Chicago.

“The people in the Bears building are sometimes a little bit sensitive,” Cutler told “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on WMVP-AM on Friday. “You always want to be pro-Bears and compliment your teammates and stuff but … over a three-year career here (the offensive line is) definitely at the forefront of my mind every year. Until we get those front five hammered down, we’re still kind of up in the air offensively — even though we’ve got some really, really talented guys on the outside.”

Now, I don’t really disagree with Jay had to say hear, and I’m really not surprised for him to do something like this. The guy has been a human punching bag for the last three seasons. He has been sacked 110 times over those 3 years, that’s 36 times a season, and some of those sacks are forever burned in the back of MY brain. I can only imagine how Jay Cutler feels. I hope Jay doesn’t take any of these guys out for steaks at Gibson’s on Rush Street because they don’t deserve it. They deserve the leftovers I don’t eat and end up in the dumpster out back.

Offensive line and wide receiver. Whatever the case may be, the Windy City has always had problems at these two positions. You went out and got Jay his target, now who is going to block for him? You can’t be successful in this league if you don’t have protection and you can blame the Jerry Angelo era for this. However, Phil Emery had options in this years draft and chose ZERO O-Lineman.That was clearly a need of ours being the league leader in allowed sacks and all, and I think that was Jay taking a stab at the front office. No backlash or locker room drama will develop I hope from this, but maybe light a fire under some of the guys that are responsible and get paid very well to protect Jay Cutler.

Cutler said he spoke to center Roberto Garza about the interview, and that Garza wasn’t offended.

“He agreed with me,” Cutler said. “I didn’t throw anyone under the bus, didn’t name anybody specifically and say that they are a weak link. I just said until we get that front five we’ll see what happens.”

 

Follow Michael on twitter: @windycityiggy