Buffalo Bills Ranked Too Low in Rant Sports NFL Rankings
This week Rant Sports NFL writers produced an off–season version of team power rankings. The Buffalo Bills were slotted in at 22 in these rankings, and I believe this is too low for a variety of reasons.
If I had a chance to do my own rankings I would have slotted the Bills somewhere around 15 or so, and definitely no lower than 20. With these current rankings, the teams 14-20 are the Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans, Carolina Panthers, San Diego Chargers, and New York Jets.
I have five main thoughts and reasons that I would move the Bills up in the rankings-
1. The defense- While Bills fans will be the first to admit that the defensive side of the ball has been one of the team’s major weak links over the last decade, I have a strong feeling that won’t be the case much longer. With the signings of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, as well as the drafting of Stephon Gilmore and the hopeful maturation of Marcel Dareus, this defense could be one of the top in the league.
2. Fred Jackson- As much as non-Bills fans want to forget, Fred Jackson was one of top running backs in the league last year before he got injured. Jackson played 10 games last fall and had accumulated 934 yards and six touchdowns to go along with 39 receptions. I believe he will be able to continue that pace once again
3. C.J. Spiller- One of the positives of Jackson’s injury last fall was the emergence of C.J. Spiller. The former top-ten pick stepped into both a running back and receiver role and really turned into a big threat and play-maker for Buffalo.
4. The schedule- The Buffalo Bills have the third-easiest schedule in the league. Playing a schedule that has that low of a ranking can only be a good thing.
5. They’re due to make the playoffs- It’s been long enough and I’m tired of watching them disappoint me..that has to count for something? right..right?!
What do you think, are they ranked too high, too low, or just right?
Follow me on twitter @jeffsattora
Burfict's Recovery Could Open Door for Rookie Star
Vontaze Burfict underwent microscopic knee surgery in January and still has a long way to go in his recovery. Does this mean rookie third round pick, Paul Dawson could start the opener? Read More