Minnesota Vikings Injury Report (Week 5)
- LB Erin Henderson (concussion): Henderson will start after missing the last two games.
- QB Christian Ponder (knee): Ponder’s sore knee will not keep him out of action Sunday.
- LB Marvin Mitchell (calf): Henderson’s replacement is doubtful with a strained calf.
- WR Michael Jenkins (ribs): Jenkins has sore ribs, but will be fine to play.
- DE Jared Allen (groin): It will take a lot more than a sore groin to keep Allen on the sidelines.
- S Mistral Raymond (ankle): Raymond will still be out a few more weeks.
Antoine Winfield, Charlie Johnson and Marcus Scherels are all listed as probable with various ailments, but all no doubt will be ready on Sunday.
Coach Leslie Frazier commented on Ponder’s knee injury, which seems to be fairly minor: “We’re comfortable. He moved around well yesterday, he moved around well today. No ill effects at all. He looks good.”
He also shared his thoughts on Henderson’s return from a concussion: “The first contact will help him. Once he collides with someone and doesn’t have any ringing or anything that causes problems for him I think will help his confidence. We’ll have to get through those first few plays for him so he can gain his confidence so he knows everything is fine.”
All in all the team looks to be in good shape heading into this weekend’s battle. The return of Henderson will only further the rising stock of the Minnesota defense.
Raiders vs. Titans NFL Week 12 Preview, Prediction
Here is a preview of the Raiders vs. Titans game. Read More