Injury Report Is A Telltale Sign In The Philadelphia Eagles-Minnesota Vikings Matchup
Constant injuries have contributed to the Vikings’ struggles this year. On the other hand, the Eagles have utilized a cutting-edge sports-science program to minimize both major and nagging injuries throughout the season.
Want proof? Let’s peruse the Eagles’ Week 15 injury report:
- Najee Goode - LB – Hamstring - Doubtful
- Earl Wolff - S – Knee - Doubtful
- Cary Williams - CB – Hamstring - Probable
- Brandon Boykin - CB – Hip – Probable
This list is surprisingly brief given the Eagles have logged 14 regular-season football games. Even more astounding, despite logging 904 regular-season offensive snaps, the offense has zero players listed.
Now, look at the Minnesota Vikings’ injury reports for this Sunday:
- John Carlson - TE – Concussion - Out
- Josh Robinson - CB – Chest - Out
- Xavier Rhodes - CB – Ankle - Doubtful
- Adrian Peterson - RB – Foot - Questionable
- Toby Gerhart - RB – Hamstring - Questionable
- Chris Cook - CB – Knee - Questionable
- Brandon Fusco - OG – Knee - Questionable
- Larry Dean - LB – Knee - Probable
- Chad Greenway - LB – Wrist - Probable
Not only is the Vikings’ list more than twice as long as the Eagles’, it also includes critical players on both sides of the ball, most notably Adrian Peterson and Chad Greenway. Moreover, both Vikings starting cornerbacks are banged up, which puts Nick Foles, DeSean Jackson, and Riley Cooper in an ideal position to put on a laser light show through the air.