Last night, in what some considered a ‘must-win’ game, the Ducks came out and delivered with a 6-3 win over the Predators in Nashville.
With this win, the Ducks will now head home for one game and will have an opportunity to take their first series lead, as the series is currently tied at two wins a piece.
The other piece of good news for the Ducks is that some guy named Bobby Ryan will be available for game five. I hear he is pretty good.
Ducks – 6 / Predators – 3
- I loved how the Ducks could bounce back after every Predators goal. I will be honest, after the Preds tied the game at three, I thought the Ducks were going to fold like they did in game three. It was nice that they proved me wrong.
- Pekka Rinne finally looks beatable.
- Ray Emery’s technical game definitely needs some work.
- Cam Fowler is going to be a star. Period. He played over 20 minutes last night, tallied a goal and an assist, and finished with a +2 rating. Not bad for a rookie.
- The Ducks took five penalties last night. If they can stay out of the box and take five or less per game, they will be in good position.
- Joel Ward is a lot better than most people think. He plays a very impressive game on both sides of the puck.
- George Parros only played a little over two minutes last night. I love the guy, but why dress him if you don’t plan on playing him for at least five minutes?
- Brandon McMillan is so good. He plays extremely well in both ends of the rink, and looks like a seasoned veteran on the ice.
- Shea Weber and Ryan Suter are monsters on the back end. They both played over 27 minutes, and finished even. Not bad considering they lost by three.
- I liked Randy Carlyle dressing seven defenseman last night, it’ always good to have an extra body back there in case of an injury.
- Lastly, I think Bobby Ryan is going to have a heck of a game Friday night.
My 3 stars
1. ANA – Corey Perry (game-winning goal, 2 assists)
2. ANA – Cam Fowler (1 goal, 1 assist + over 20 minutes of ice)
3. ANA – Ryan Getzlaf (1 goal, 1 assist, 23 minutes of ice)
Post-game audio clips
Follow @DucksAndCover on twitter for the latest news & notes surrounding the Anaheim Ducks.