The Anaheim Ducks players and management met with the media today, as they underwent their final team meeting of the season, and cleaned out their lockers. A lot of news came from this day, so I will just get down to it.
- Both Toni Lydman and Matt Beleskey are scheduled to undergo shoulder surgery on Monday.
- Lubomir Visnovsky played injured through the post-season, and was apparently only playing at “50 percent”. Visnovsky also said that he had to take cortisone shots in both of his shoulders before every game.
- Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan confirmed that they will not represent their respective countries at the Worlds.
- Cam Fowler will represent the United States at the worlds.
- Luca Sbisa will do the same for Switzerland.
- Todd Marchant will talk with his family during the summer before deciding whether he will retire or continue playing.
- As I noted in my last article, Ray Emery is one of the three finalists for the Masterton award.
- Ray Emery told Eric Stephens of the OC Register that he would like to return to the Ducks next season, but that is up in the air due to the goaltending situation the Ducks are currently in.
- Ducks general manager Bob Murray said that he will do everything in his power to keep Selanne in Anaheim, and noted that he’s “too good to quit”.
- Lastly, Teemu Selanne said that he has “never even thought about playing somewhere else.” and that “This is my place, for sure.”