Something Good Bruin in Boston After a 8 – 1 Win

By Jeff Zeffer

As game 3 of the Stanley Cup playoffs started the Olympic cauldron of the 2010 Winter Olympics was lit in Vancouver, to give a lift to the Vancouver Canucks as they faced the Boston Bruin in Boston. In the first period it was evident that the Vancouver Canucks were controlling their play, by their speed, physical play and the amount of time they played in the offensive zone. There was a big scare about 5 minutes into the game when Vancouver defenseman Aaron Rome checked Nathan Horton in mid ice, keeping him down for a couple minutes and then taken off by a stretcher.

But this game only had one team doing the scoring in this game and that team was the Bruins. It all started 11 seconds into the 2nd period when Andrew Ference scored his 3rd of the playoffs. But then veteran Mark Recchi scored on the power play and the Bruins throughout the entire 2nd period just kept coming at the Canucks with shot after shot and goal after goal. As there were two more goals, one was from rookie Brad Marchand and the other from David Krejci. In the 3rd period the Bruins continued their romp over the Canucks by scoring 4 more goals courtesy of Daniel Paille, Chris Kelly, Michal Ryder and Recchi’s (2nd of the night). The Canucks finally got on the board when Jannik Hansen scored 13:53 of the third period. Now even though the goals were exciting. The excitement was in all the penalties that were taken and the short lived fight between Ryan Kesler and Dennis Seidenberg. This game had a total of 125 penalty minutes, but Vancouver failed to scored on 8 power plays, whlie Boston went 2 for 4.

My only thoughts for Vancouver were why Roberto Luongo wasn’t pulled after the 2nd period when he let in four goals and let Corey Schneider finish the game.  I also want to mention that there should no talk about Luongo not playing next game. He’s one of the best goalies in the world and just watch come back and own the Bruins on Wednesday night.

You May Also Like