Fleury Wins 200th, Other Penguins Players with More Milestones
This past Saturday, December 17th, Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury earned his 200th NHL career win against the Buffalo Sabres at the CONSOL.
Even better, Fleury is the second Penguins goalie to earn such an honor (Barrasso being the first with a total of 226 with the Penguins). Fleury is the second-youngest among goalies currently active in the league behind New Jersey Devils’ Martin Brodeur (fourth-youngest of all goaltenders since “the expansion era” according to Penguins.com).
This really isn’t a surprise to loyal Penguins fan or Pittsburgh’s head coach, Dan Bylsma.
“He’s an extremely talented goaltender, but the consistency he showed last year, and again this year, has really been a big part of the confidence to go out and know you’re going to be in hockey games and know you’re going to have a chance at every hockey game,” head coach Dan Bylsma said.
“I think he’s right up there at the top of the league with the best goalies,” Bylsma said.
OTHER PENGUINS PLAYERS HAVING REACHED / APPROACHING MILESTONES:
- CRAIG ADAMS – 700 career games (12/13/2011 vs DET)
- PASCAL DUPUIS – 700 career games (12/16/2011 vs OTT) AND 300 career points (12/17/2011 vs BUF)
- BROOKS ORPIK – 100 career points (12/17/2011 vs BUF)
- JORDAN STAAL – 400 career games (currently has 397)
- RICHARD PARK – 100 career goals (currently has 97)
- STEVE SULLIVAN – 700 career points (currently has 699)
- PAUL MARTIN – 200 career points (currently has 197)
Nate Thompson Staying Healthy Is Crucial For Ducks
Nate Thompson is a vital component to the Anaheim Ducks. His health this season could ultimately make the difference between a season of failure and success. Read More
Predicting 2015-16 Metropolitan Division Standings
The Metropolitan Division is home to many successful NHL franchises right now. Here's how the season standings will look at the conclusion of the 2015-16 campaign. Read More