On This Date in Pittsburgh Penguins History / Penguins Trivia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to former Penguin MARK RECCHI!!
(he turns 44 today)
- Pittsburgh’s Mark Letestu scored on Buffalo’s Ryan Miller for his first NHL goal
- Sidney Crosby scored his fifth career hat trick
- the Penguins obtained Wayne Primeau from the Tampa Bay Lightning for Matthew Barnaby
- Penguins goalie Roberto Romano earned his first NHL shutout after he stopped 34 shots from the Minnesota North Stars
- Penguins’ Bob Leiter recorded his first hat trick, against the Detroit Red Wings
- Pens goalie Les Binkley stopped 22 shots from the St. Louis Blues for his fifth shutout
TODAY’S PENGUINS TRIVIA QUESTION:
Which Pittsburgh Penguins rookie goaltender won six consecutive starts from December 28, 1996 through January 10, 1997? Find out tomorrow!
ANSWER (to yesterday’s TRIVIA QUESTION – CLICK HERE to view it):
Lowell MacDonald (1973-74)