On This Date in Pittsburgh Penguins History / Penguins Trivia
- Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury established a team record for longest shutout sequence of 150 minutes and 14 seconds and Alex Kovalev scored the decisive goal in the shootout as the Penguins beat the Florida Panthers, 2-1, winning an NHL record, fourth consecutive shootout game
- the Penguins won their first division title and captured the Patrick Division crown with a 7-4 win against the Detroit Red Wings
- Lowell MacDonald scored three times on Minnesota North Stars’ Gump Worsley for his third hat trick with Pittsburgh
- the Pittsburgh Hornets defeated the Springfield Indians, 4-3, and gave the Hornets a 3-1 series win to advance them to the Calder Cup Finals against the Buffalo Bisons
- in overtime, the Hornets closed out the series against the Hershey Bears, 4-3; the Hornets advanced to face the Providence Reds in the Calder Cup Finals
- the Hornets won their first-ever playoff game, 4-1, against the Syracuse Stars at the Duquesne Gardens
TODAY’S PENGUINS TRIVIA QUESTION:
How many Pittsburgh Penguins goalies have earned the Vezina trophy (top goalie honors)?
Find out tomorrow!
ANSWER (to yesterday’s TRIVIA QUESTION – CLICK HERE to view it):
(including “First star” twice)