Anaheim Ducks Fans dates to look forward to part 1

So the Anaheim Ducks season is over, and there is a long wait until the season starts again next fall, but here are some dates that should be of interest for Ducks fans to mark on their calenders while we wait for next season to begin:

April 10th- Tomorrow at 5pm we can watch live as the NHL perform the draft lottery. There is an 80.7% chance the Ducks have the 6th pick in the draft, a 13.1% chance that a team behind the Ducks wins the lottery and the Ducks drop to the 7th pick. The least likely scenario is the best one as the Ducks have a 6.2% chance to win the lottery and have the 2nd pick in the draft. While winning the lottery would be great, I will be happy as long as we don’t drop to 7th. I plan on writing a lot about this years draft so be sure to check back over the next few months.

April 12th- Francois Beauchemin announced that he has been playing the last few months with a bad shoulder. He is having surgery on Thursday, and we can just hope it goes well. Toni Lydman is also going to have surgery on his knee, I have yet to hear what day the surgery is set for. The good news is that both players are expected to be back before next season starts.

April 13-15th- While the Ducks missed the playoffs, their minor league affiliate the Syracuse Crunch are very close to clinching a playoff spot after missing them last season. The Crunch finish the season by playing 3 games in 3 days on the 13th, 14th, and the 15th. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Crunch only need to win 1 of these 3 games to clinch the playoffs. If/when the crunch do clinch I will also be writing on here about how the Crunch perform in the playoffs. This should be a great experience for the Ducks prospects, some of whom may have a key role on the Ducks as early as next season like Kyle Palmieri.

Check back HERE often, and I will keep you up to date with information about any key dates for the Ducks this off-season.

Around the Web

  • Linda S

    The magic number for the Crunch is 4 points, but they may need fewer depending on what the teams behind us do.