25 Sports Cliches to Help the New Jersey Devils Drive the Rats Back to Florida
The New Jersey Devils host the Florida Panthers in game six of the their opening round series tonight at the Prudential Center. The Devils trail Florida 3-2 and face another possible early round playoff extinction and could use a little extra motivation to help themselves stay alive at least for one more game.
Usually these type of things are reserved for the head coach or team captain. But, when Devils captain Zach Parise was asked if he had any kind of motivational talk lined up to inspire his troops, he responded with, “That’s more made for movies.”
Maybe so Zach, but it couldn’t hurt to try right?
After thinking about that for a few minutes, I thought that perhaps Parise wasn’t good with words and didn’t actually know what to say. So, I figured I’d do my part to help Parise come up with just the right things to say in order to pump up his teammates enough to drive the rats back to Florida.
Here are my top 25 sports cliches to help Captain Zach fire himself and the Devils up for an all-important game six win.
- They’re coming off a heartbreaking loss.
- They’re still very much alive.
- They have to find a way to put the puck in the net.
- When you put the puck on the net, good things are going to happen.
- They can score from anywhere on the ice.
- They’re capable of making a deep run in the post-season.
- They have to win out.
- They have to remember what got them here
- They have a lot of big game experience.
- They control their own destiny
- They’re in a must-win situation.
- This team has a chance to do something special.
- In the playoffs anything can happen.
- They need to get a win in their building.
- A win tonight will force a decisive game seven.
- It doesn’t matter who they play in the next round.
- It’s do or die.
- There’s no tomorrow.
- You win as a team, you lose as a team.
- It’s gonna be a war out there.
- They really have to take it to them
- They have to step up and make plays.
- If you lose, you go home
- They have to go out and take care of business.
- They’ve got their backs against the wall.
Email me at StevePalumboNHL@gmail.com
5 Biggest Issues Still Facing Rangers In Offseason
The Rangers may be done making moves this offseason, but there are still a lot of issues surrounding them. And one of those issues could be fatal long-term if not addressed. Read More
Couturier's Extension A Good Investment For Flyers
Sean Couturier may not have the greatest set of hands, but he is undoubtedly one of the best defensive centers in the NHL. The Flyers made a good move by investing in the center. Read More