On This Date in Pittsburgh Penguins History (June 14)
- Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby captured the Hart Trophy as the NHL MVP and became the youngest Lester B. Pearson award winner
- Evgeni Malkin won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year
- Kevin Constantine was introduced as the Penguins new head coach
- Pierre Creamer was relieved of his head coaching duties of the Penguins
- Penguins obtained Tom Bladon, Orest Kindrachuk and Ross Lonsberry from the Philadelphia Flyers for a first round choice in the 1978 Amateur Draft
ANSWER (to yesterday’s TRIVIA QUESTION – CLICK HERE to view it):
Do you have a trivia question that could be featured on this page or am I missing a major Penguins historical fact for one of the “On This Date” posts?? BE SURE to leave a comment below OR email me at email@example.com!!
Stephanie Lewark is a featured Pittsburgh Penguins columnist for RantSports.com. If you enjoy her articles / posts, you can follow her on Twitter (@steelcitysports), check out her personal Facebook page (via Networked Blogs), visit her personal Tumblr page, or stop by her Pinterest page.
Killorn Could Be Championship Spark Plug for Bolts
Alex Killorn may not be a superstar, but what he brings to the Tampa Bay Lightning cannot be understated. He could ultimately be the missing piece to the team's Stanley Cup puzzle. Here's why. Read More