On This Date in Pittsburgh Penguins History (June 14)
- Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby captured the Hart Trophy as the NHL MVP and became the youngest Lester B. Pearson award winner
- Evgeni Malkin won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year
- Kevin Constantine was introduced as the Penguins new head coach
- Pierre Creamer was relieved of his head coaching duties of the Penguins
- Penguins obtained Tom Bladon, Orest Kindrachuk and Ross Lonsberry from the Philadelphia Flyers for a first round choice in the 1978 Amateur Draft
ANSWER (to yesterday’s TRIVIA QUESTION – CLICK HERE to view it):
Do you have a trivia question that could be featured on this page or am I missing a major Penguins historical fact for one of the “On This Date” posts?? BE SURE to leave a comment below OR email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!!
Stephanie Lewark is a featured Pittsburgh Penguins columnist for RantSports.com. If you enjoy her articles / posts, you can follow her on Twitter (@steelcitysports), check out her personal Facebook page (via Networked Blogs), visit her personal Tumblr page, or stop by her Pinterest page.
Islanders Regain Early-Season Form In Critical Win
The New York Islanders played the way they did in October and the result was a win over the Detroit Red Wings. Maintaining this form is key heading toward the playoffs. Read More