Columbus Blue Jackets release preseason schedule
The Columbus Blue Jackets are prepping for another exciting season, as evidenced in the preseason schedule they released.
The nine-game schedule has the Blue Jackets playing at home in Nationwide Arena for four games with the rest on the road. There are home-and-home games that pit them against Eastern Conference teams they may only meet once or twice during the regular season, and one game in particular is the highlight game of Kraft Hockeyville 2012.
- The preseason begins with a home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on September 24.
- On September 26, the team plays split squad games: one at home against the Carolina Hurricanes and the other against the Washington Capitals at 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
- The Blue Jackets travel to Pittsburgh on September 29 to play the Penguins at Consol Energy Center.
- The team kicks off the month of October with back-to-back home games against the Capitals on the 1st and the Buffalo Sabres on the 2nd.
- October 3 is the Kraft Hockeyville game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, held at Stirling Recreation Centre in Stirling, Ontario.
- The final two games on October 5 and 6 are on the road, first against the Hurricanes and then against the Sabres.
The road game against the Penguins begins at 3 p.m., while the Hockeyville game’s puck drop has yet to be scheduled. The rest of the games have a start time of 7 p.m. Eastern.
Quenneville Wisely Goes Back To Crawford In Game 2
Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville made the right choice going back to Corey Crawford in Game 2 after Scott Darling's magnificent Game 1 performance. Here's why. Read More