Blue Jackets announce development camp roster, schedule
The future of the Columbus Blue Jackets will be on display during the team’s development camp, set to begin next week.
The annual camp, which will be held at the OhioHealth Ice Haus, will begin Tuesday with physicals and fitness testing before an on-ice workout in the afternoon. The sessions will be run by head coach Brad Larsen and assistant coach Nolan Pratt of the AHL’s Springfield Falcons and Blue Jackets goaltending coach Ian Clark.
The team released a roster of players who will participate, which includes all six of the young men selected in the 2012 NHL Draft. Only two of the participants were not drafted by the Blue Jackets -forwards Oliver Gabriel, acquired by free agency, and Alex Aleardi, who was invited to camp.
The rest of the attendees of this year’s development camp, by draft year:
- 2012: Ryan Murray, Oscar Dansk, Joonas Korpisalo, Josh Anderson, Daniel Zaar, Gianluca Curcuruto
- 2011: Boone Jenner, T.J. Tynan, Mike Reilly, Seth Ambroz, Lukas Sedlak, Anton Forsberg
- 2010: Ryan Johansen, Dalton Smith, Austin Madaisky, Dalton Prout, Martin Ouellette
- 2009: Kevin Lynch, Thomas Larkin, Anton Blomqvist
- 2008: Cam Atkinson, Sean Collins
- 2007: Will Weber, Jake Hansen, Trent Vogelhuber
Prospects Michael Chaput (acquired by trade) and Thomas Larkin (2009 draft), both of whom are on injured reserve, will not be attending the camp. General Manager Scott Howson has said that Chaput should recover from abdominal surgery in time for the team’s training camp in the fall, while Larkin will be healed from hip surgery for Colgate University’s hockey season.
The schedule for the on-ice sessions is:
- Tuesday, July 3 - 3:30-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 4 - 10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Thursday, July 5 - 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (on-ice testing)
- Friday, July 6 - 10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7 - 2-4 p.m. (scrimmage)
The sessions are free and open to the public.