NHL Preview: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning
Flyers at Lightning, 6 p.m., CSN
Tampa Bay Times Forum
After a dominating 7-1 victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night, the Philadelphia Flyers will stay in the state of Florida to take on the high-scoring Tampa Bay Lightning. Tampa Bay’s offense has been a high-octane one to start the season, tying for the league lead with 4.8 goals per contest. This one should be fun to watch.
- Defenseman Andrej Meszaros will be out for about a month with a left shoulder injury.
- Zac Rinaldo will continue to be sidelined with a leg laceration but is closer to returning.
- Scott Hartnell (broken foot) out 4-6 weeks.
- Danny Briere (wrist) played in his first game of the season last night but is still not 100 percent.
- The team has sent Scott Laughton back down to the OHL.
- Michael Leighton will get his first start of the season tonight against a team that has scored a ton of goals to start the year.
- Former Flyers defenseman Matt Carle will play his first game against the team since signing with the Lightning in the offseason. While they may never admit it, Flyers fans miss him, and they should.
- Rookie Cory Conacher looks to continue his recent success (2 goals, 5 assists on the year).
- The Lightning dominated the Flyers in the 2011-12 season, winning three of four contests. Can they continue their success?
- Obviously Steven Stamkos will draw attention from the Flyers blue line, but watch Martin St. Louis just as carefully. The veteran has 12 goals and 48 points in his last 33 games in the series.
Re-Signing Atkinson Was Good Move For Blue Jackets
Despite being sellers at the deadline, the Columbus Blue Jackets made a shrewd move in keeping Cam Atkinson around. Read More