2013-14 Tampa Bay Lightning Tickets: Top Home Games
A fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning will notice a big difference when they go to the Tampa Bay Times Forum this season. That difference has nothing to do with the players, coach or even the zambonis, this difference deals with ticket prices for the Lightning as fans will now have to pay double what they paid last season. In order to see the Bolts this season fans will now have to shell out an average of $100 per ticket, an increase of 104% from last season’s $49 average price of Lightning tickets.
One would think that this increase in price would stem from a big offseason acquisition but that is not the case for Tampa Bay. The Lightning were able to acquire forward Valtteri Filppula who put up 66 points two years ago when playing for the Detroit Red Wings but struggled last season as he was only able to tally 17 points. Tampa Bay hopes that Filppula can return to his 2012 form as he adds some much needed depth to this bench.
The biggest problem entering the 2013-2014 season for the Lightning will be getting consistent play out of whoever is in goal for Tampa Bay. Last season Anders Lindback was thought to be the man who would be in the net for years to come did not do enough to secure his job and will be battling the up and coming Ben Bishop to keep his starting role for the Bolts.
Here are the Lightning’s five most expensive home games this season:
- April 8 vs Maple Leafs – Avg Price: $147 | Get-in Price: $21 | 47% above home avg
- February 8 vs Red Wings – Avg Price: $142 | Get-in Price: $34 | 42% above home avg
- December 28 vs Canadiens – Avg Price: $141 | Get-in Price: $39 | 41% above home avg
- March 24 vs Senators – Avg Price: $139 | Get-in Price: $16 | 39% above home avg
- March 8 vs Bruins – Avg Price: $137 | Get-in Price: $24 | 37% above home avg
Remember, for the best deals on Lightning tickets, and all NHL tickets, visit TiqIQ.com.