Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
Welcome to the Eastern Conference, Detroit Red Wings. More specifically: Welcome to the Atlantic Division. Instead of their tempestuous rivalry with the Chicago Blackhawks (okay, maybe that’s here to stay), the Wings are these days matched by Eastern powers like Toronto and Boston.
How has the Motor City squad fared so far? At 6-3-1, things could be worse. The story is largely the same in Detroit. That is, Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg are leading the way. They both have 11 points in 10 games for the Wings, trailed by new acquisition and future Hall of Famer Daniel Alfredsson, who has 9 this season and over 1,100 for his career. On the back end, hard hitting Nick Kronwall is up to his old tricks, clocking unsuspecting forwards and finding his way onto the scoresheet; he already has six points. In net, while Jimmy Howard has been solid, backup Jonas Gustavsson has won all three of the games he’s started. In those matches, the undrafted Swede has surrendered only 5 goals for a jaw-dropping 1.67 GAA and .953 Save Percentage.
Ticket prices are up this season at Joe Louis Arena as the Wings become acclimated to the Eastern Conference and their new foes. For the 2013-2014, Red Wings tickets
stand at $113, up 23 percent last year when they were $92. Here are the five most expensive games this season at Joe Louis.
- March 6 vs Avalanche – Avg Price: $275 | Get-in Price: $89 | 143% Above Detroit’s Home Avg
- March 18 vs Maple Leafs – Avg Price: $169 | Get-in Price: $54 | 50% Above Detroit’s Home Avg
- March 20 vs Penguins – Avg Price: $162 | Get-in Price: $49 | 43% Above Detroit’s Home Avg
- January 24 vs Canadiens – Avg Price: $161 | Get-in Price: $49 | 42% Above Detroit’s Home Avg
- January 22 vs Blackhawks – Avg Price: $158 | Get-in Price: $52 | 40% Above Detroit’s Home Avg
Coyotes' Top 5 Prospects of 2014-15
The Arizona Coyotes are taking their time developing prospects, but they have a good group of players ready to make the jump to the NHL. Here are there top five prospects right now. Read More