The top team in Lake County lost last week in Lakes so a shakeup has occurred in this week’s Top 10. Each team’s record and last week’s rank are in parentheses….
1. Lake Zurich (2-1, 2): A dominating performance by the Bears led to a 49-0 win against Mundelein. Lake Zurich hasn’t allowed a single point at home this season.
2. Lake Forest (3-0, 3): Andrew Clifford hit David Glynn for a touchdown with five minutes left to give the Scouts a 20-13 win against Lakes. Teachers are now on strike in Lake Forest so Friday’s game against Lake Zurich is in jeopardy.
3. Grant (3-0, 4): A wild shootout resulted in a 46-39 win over Wauconda. Jonathan Wells ran for nearly 200 yards in the victory.
4. Stevenson (2-1, 5): The Patriots hit the road and got a hard-fought 14-9 win over Libertyville. Alan Velev had seven catches for Stevenson.
5. Antioch (2-1, 6): Anthony Cloe scored on a kickoff return to help jumpstart the Sequoits in a 22-10 win over Vernon Hills.
6. Lakes (2-1, 1): The Eagles led all game against Lake Forest but couldn’t hold on in a 20-13 loss. Direll Clark ran for over 140 yards on 30 carries.
7. North Chicago (3-0, 10): The Warhawks tied their win total from the past three seasons combined in a 50-6 win over Round Lake.
8. Grayslake North (2-1, NR): AJ Fish had six touchdowns, four passing and two rushing to lead the Knights to a 56-21 win against Jacobs.
9. Warren (2-1, NR): A 34-0 shutout of Zion-Benton on the road gives the Blue Devils ready for a matchup at home with Libertyville this week.
10. Wauconda (2-1, 9): The Bulldogs scored 36 points in the fourth quarter against Grant but it wasn’t enough in a 46-39 loss to Grant.