A few changes in this week’s McHenry County Top 10 with highly-ranked teams going down to defeat. Team record and last week’s ranking in parentheses….
1. Marian Central (3-0, 1): The Hurricanes scored early and often in a 63-0 win over Guerin. Greg Walczak had three touchdown catches.
2. Cary-Grove (3-0, 2): Ryan Mahoney scored a long touchdown before getting hurt in the Trojans’ 17-3 win over Crystal Lake South.
3. Woodstock North (2-1, 7): It was an offensive explosion for the Thunder in a 41-0 win at Johnsburg. Adam Haimbaugh had three touchdowns and two interceptions.
4. Jacobs (2-1, 4): Bret Mooney threw two touchdown passes but the Golden Eagles were blitzed in a 56-21 loss to Grayslake North.
5. Prairie Ridge (2-1, 3): The Wolves fumbled three times in getting beaten 30-7 by Huntley at home and could only gain 149 yards on offense.
6. McHenry (2-1, NR): A huge rally in the second half led the Warriors to a 40-30 win against Dundee-Crown. McHenry scored 26 straight points to turn around a ten-point deficit.
7. Crystal Lake Central (2-1, #8): For the second time in three weeks, the Tigers scored in the final minute for a win with a 21-14 win over Woodstock.
8. Huntley (1-2, NR): Jake Scalise ran for over 125 yards and Kameron Sallee threw two touchdown passes as the Red Raiders scored a 30-7 road win at Prairie Ridge.
9. Crystal Lake South (1-2, 5): Zevin Clark ran for nearly 100 yards but the Gators couldn’t get much else going in a 17-3 loss at home to Cary-Grove.
10. Richmond-Burton (1-2, 6): A ten-point lead wasn’t enough as the Rockets lost 24-20 to Genoa-Kingston on a touchdown in the final minute.