Illinois High School Football: Week 4 Northern Cook County Top 10
A lot of new teams in this week’s Northern Cook County Top 10 with some shifting at the top of the rankings as well. Here is this week’s Top 10 with team record and last week’s ranking in parentheses…
1. Maine South (3-0, 1): The Hawks improved to 3-0 with a 35-7 win over Deerfield and now hit the road to face Niles North.
2. Loyola (2-1, 3): A 41-7 win against Lake Forest Academy paves way for home matchup against undefeated Providence in Week 4.
3. Palatine (2-1, 5): Ethan Oiles had over 340 yards passing as the Pirates took down Elk Grove 42-21 in a Mid-Suburban League crossover in Week 3.
4. Elk Grove (2-1, 2): The Grenadiers couldn’t get the offense going against Pirates with Adam O’Malley being held to just over 100 yards passing.
5. Schaumburg (3-0, 6): Cole Reyes caught a long touchdown early in the second half to help the Saxons take down Hersey 37-21.
6. Evanston (3-0, NR): It has been a great defensive season so far for the Wildkits with just 20 points given up in three wins and now faces Glenbrook North.
7. Niles West (3-0, NR): Mike McGivern was unstoppable with three touchdown passes during a 53-6 win against Maine West.
8. Niles Notre Dame (2-1, NR): The Dons finished non-conference play with a 27-18 win at home against Normal Community.
9. Niles North (2-1, NR): A 17-14 win at Waukegan allowed the Vikings to move to 2-1 before a big game at home against Maine South this week.
10. Rolling Meadows (2-1, 4): Jack Milas threw for five touchdowns but it wasn’t enough as the Mustangs lost 41-34 to Conant.