Illinois High School Football: Week 5 McHenry County Top 10
Marian Central and Cary-Grove continue their domination of McHenry County. Here is the Week 5 McHenry County Top 10 with team record and last week’s ranking in parentheses…
1. Marian Central (4-0, 1): The Hurricanes cruised to a 34-7 win over Marmion. Chris Streveler had four touchdowns, two passing and two rushing for Marian.
2. Cary-Grove (4-0, 2): Kyle Norberg ran for two touchdowns and had 140 yards rushing as the Trojans won 49-13 at Hampshire.
3. Jacobs (3-1, 4): The Golden Eagles won a 49-42 shootout against McHenry. Steven Varela ran for over 170 yards and four touchdowns for Jacobs.
4. Crystal Lake Central (3-1, 5): The Tigers trailed 14-0 at halftime against Woodstock North but rallied for a 21-14 win. Darwin Stone scored with 1:10 left for the winning score.
5. Woodstock North (2-2, 3): The Thunder couldn’t hold on to a two-touchdown lead in their 21-14 loss to Central. Brian Loftin threw for over 165 yards and a touchdown.
6. Huntley (2-2, #8): Kameron Sallee threw a 54-yard touchdown pass to Bryce Beschorner with nine minutes left to give the Red Raiders a 20-19 win over Crystal Lake South.
7. McHenry (2-2, 6): Korey Partenheimer had three catches, all for touchdowns but the Warriors fell 49-42 to Jacobs in FVC Valley play.
8. Prairie Ridge (2-2, 5): The Wolves lost their second straight loss in a 35-21 defeat to Dundee-Crown. Oliver Kremer rushed for nearly 75 yards and a touchdown.
9. Richmond-Burton (2-2, 10): The Rockets got back on the winning track with a 35-17 win over Marengo. Adam Kinsella and Chris Vlasak combined for R-B’s five touchdowns.
10. Woodstock (2-2, NR): Brad Bertram ran for over 100 yards as the Blue Streaks shutout Grayslake Central 31-0. Woodstock forced three turnovers in the win.