Illinois High School Football: Week 5 Northern Cook County Top 10
Some movement in this week’s Top 10. Here is the Week 5 Northern Cook County Top 10 with team record and last week’s ranking in parentheses….
1. Maine South (4-0, 1): Matt Alviti had six touchdowns including five passing scores in throwing for over 275 yards in a 45-0 shutout of Niles North.
2. Loyola (3-1, 2): The Ramblers rolled up 45 points in a 45-21 win over Providence in Week 4. Peter Pujals had three touchdowns for Loyola.
3. Palatine (3-1, 3): Two Pirates receivers had over 140 yards receiving as Palatine took home a 49-14 win over Hersey. Ethan Oiles threw for two touchdowns and ran for another.
4. Schaumburg (4-0, 5): Cole Reyes caught a hail mary at the end of the first half to help the Saxons win a 28-19 battle with Prospect.
5. Niles West (4-0, 7): The Wolves moved to 4-0 for the first time in nearly 40 years with a 25-20 win over Highland Park. Jake Glotzer had a 78-yard touchdown run for West.
6. Niles Notre Dame (3-1, #8): Chris James ran for over 240 yards and three touchdowns as the Dons defeated Marian Catholic 22-9.
7. Rolling Meadows (3-1, 10): The Mustangs went to the air for four touchdown passes by Jack Milas as Rolling Meadows beat Fremd 27-14.
8. Leyden (3-1, NR): Aaron Whigham came in for Mickey Gulo and ran for over 135 yards as the Eagles won 27-21 on the road at Downers Grove South.
9. Glenbrook North (3-1, NR): The Spartans battled to a 14-10 win over Evanston. A.J. Spitz ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns.
10. Conant (3-1, NR): Tim Manczko had five catches for almost 100 yards and rushed for a touchdown as the Cougars knocked off Elk Grove 26-14.
13-Year-Old is Already Receiving Letters From Duke
Can you imagine receiving letters from Duke and North Carolina basketball? Well, Wendell Moore can certainly relate to that, as he is already receiving letters from both schools at age 13. Read More