Some movement in this week’s Top 10. Here is the Week 5 Northern Cook County Top 10 with team record and last week’s ranking in parentheses….
1. Maine South (4-0, 1): Matt Alviti had six touchdowns including five passing scores in throwing for over 275 yards in a 45-0 shutout of Niles North.
2. Loyola (3-1, 2): The Ramblers rolled up 45 points in a 45-21 win over Providence in Week 4. Peter Pujals had three touchdowns for Loyola.
3. Palatine (3-1, 3): Two Pirates receivers had over 140 yards receiving as Palatine took home a 49-14 win over Hersey. Ethan Oiles threw for two touchdowns and ran for another.
4. Schaumburg (4-0, 5): Cole Reyes caught a hail mary at the end of the first half to help the Saxons win a 28-19 battle with Prospect.
5. Niles West (4-0, 7): The Wolves moved to 4-0 for the first time in nearly 40 years with a 25-20 win over Highland Park. Jake Glotzer had a 78-yard touchdown run for West.
6. Niles Notre Dame (3-1, #8): Chris James ran for over 240 yards and three touchdowns as the Dons defeated Marian Catholic 22-9.
7. Rolling Meadows (3-1, 10): The Mustangs went to the air for four touchdown passes by Jack Milas as Rolling Meadows beat Fremd 27-14.
8. Leyden (3-1, NR): Aaron Whigham came in for Mickey Gulo and ran for over 135 yards as the Eagles won 27-21 on the road at Downers Grove South.
9. Glenbrook North (3-1, NR): The Spartans battled to a 14-10 win over Evanston. A.J. Spitz ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns.
10. Conant (3-1, NR): Tim Manczko had five catches for almost 100 yards and rushed for a touchdown as the Cougars knocked off Elk Grove 26-14.