Top 5 Memorial Day Performances
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone. This weekend is of course to honor those who have died in our nation’s services, so first off, I would just like to say thank you all the men, women, and their families who have served for our great nation.
With that being said, it all also a great weekend for sports and there have been some unbelievable performances on Memorial Day to say the least. So we decided to roll them up in to our “Top 5 Memorial Day Performances of All Time”.
Here we go…
- #5. MAY 27, 1985 – NBA: FINALS, GAME 1 – CELTICS 148 VS. LAKERS 114
Larry Bird and the Celtics absolutely destroyed Magic Johnson and the Lakers in Game 1 of the 1985 NBA Finals. Their 79 points in the first two quarters set a NBA record for points in a half. The Lakers we’re completely embarrassed in the Finals opener, but L.A got the last laugh beating Boston in 6 games.
- #4. MAY 28, 1973 – MLB: WILBUR WOOD, 2 WINS VS. CLEVELAND INDIANS
- #3. MAY 27, 1996 – NBA: EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS – MICHAEL JORDAN, 45 PTS VS. ORLANDO
- #2. MAY 30, 1977 – MLB: DENNIS ECKERSLEY, NO-HITTER VS. CLEVELAND INDIANS
Hall-of-Fame hurler, Dennis Eckersley threw the 200th no-no in Major League Baseball history for the Indians on Memorial Day, 1977. Cleveland beat the Angels 1-0 as Eck walked only one batter while striking out 12 in the victory.
- #1. MAY 31, 1993 – NBA: EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS – MICHAEL JORDAN, 54 PTS VS. NEW YORK
Tampa Bay Lightning at Chicago Blackhawks - 06/15/2015
Tampa Bay Lightning at Chicago Blackhawks - 06/15/2015 Read More
Mountain Division Gives #MWFB Media Days a Thumbs Up
Student-athletes from all six Mountain Division universities play a game of “Like or Dislike” at Mountain West Football Media Days. Read More