2013 Fantasy Football: IDP Report
More and more people are being introduced to the world of fantasy football IDP leagues. It offers a more in depth look at fantasy, and if anything else it allows us fantasy geeks a chance to draft a couple more players.
To help you this season, here is my full fantasy football IDP report.
Top 20 Average Draft Position (ESPN):
1. DE J.J. Watt, Houston Texans – 81.5
2. LB Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers – 92.7
3. LB James Laurinaitis, St. Louis Rams – 109.5
4. LB NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco 49ers – 112.3
5. DE DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys – 113.6
6. LB Jerod Mayo, New England Patriots – 121.4
7. S Morgan Burnett, Green Bay Packers – 121.8
8. DE Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings – 124.6
9. CB Charles Tillman, Chicago Bears – 128.1
10. CB Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals – 129.7
11. DE Cameron Wake, Miami Dolphins – 129.8
12. LB Sean Lee, Dallas Cowboys – 131.3
13. LB Patrick Willis, San Francisco – 134.7
14. LB Chad Greenway, Minnesota Vikings – 136.4
15. S Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs – 138.2
16. LB Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks – 138.5
17. LB Paul Posluszny, Jacksonville Jaguars – 139.7
18. LB London Fletcher, Washington Redskins – 141.7
19. LB Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs – 142.5
20. S Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers – 142.8
Top 10 IDP Sleepers:
1. DE Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
2. LB Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
3. DT Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions
4. LB Paul Posluszny, Jacksonville Jaguars
5. S Tyvon Branch, Oakland Raiders
6. CB Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
7. LB Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh Steelers
8. DE Adrian Clayborn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. LB Curtis Lofton, New Orleans Saints
10. S Mark Barron, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Last season Watt racked up an astonishing 20.5 sacks, but he also recorded an incredible 81 tackles from the line. Watt fills the box score like a linebacker and should be the number one defensive player called out this year.
There is a reason that 11 out of the top 20 IDP options grabbed in ESPN leagues are linebackers and that is that the position racks up the most fantasy points on a weekly basis. Make sure over anything else to have two stud linebackers on your roster this season.
Don’t Reach For A Guy:
Every year plenty of quality IDP options fall to the end of the draft. People are so concerned with getting the third string running back that they forget to address the defensive side of the ball. Don’t bother reaching for a superstar defensive lineman early, because someone just as valuable is likely to fall a couple more rounds.
Top 10 Fantasy Players To Watch In Super Bowl XLIX
Find out who the top 10 fantasy football players are for Super Bowl XLIX. Read More