Fantasy Golf Report for the PGA Championship
This is the 94th PGA Championship and could perhaps have the fairest playing field in recent memory. Anyone in the field can win it this year, making it a very exciting weekend for fantasy fans. Below is my full fantasy golf report for the PGA Championship this weekend:
1. Keegan Bradley – Bradley won the event last year and is coming off a huge win at the Bridgestone Invitational last weekend. He will be the heavy favorite at Kiawah Island.
2. Tiger Woods – Woods has four wins at the PGA Championship, so he is hard to count out, even with his recent struggles.
3. Padraig Harrington – Harrington won the event in 2008, so he has had past success on one of the world’s biggest stages.
4. Luke Donald – Donald will be extra motivated now that Tiger is ranked number 2 in the world, and is right on his heels to be the world’s best golfer.
5. Jim Furyk – “Furious Furyk” was possessed last weekend, as he shot an incredible 12 under.
6. Webb Simpson – Simpson is still flying high from his win at the U. S. Open and he shot an amazing 11 under at the Greenbier Classic last month. Simpson is playing some of the best golf of his life right now.
7. Phil Mickelson – Mickelson has only won the PGA Championship once (2005) and his last top-10 appearance was in the middle of May. With that being said you can never count out “Lefty”, but he has certainly fallen outside the first five fantasy options.
8. Graeme McDowell - “GMD” has finished inside the top-15 in all three majors this year, so expect another high performance from the veteran from Northern Ireland.
9. Bubba Watson – Watson has five top-10 finishes on the year and has the best short game on the tour.
10. Hunter Mahan – Mahan remains the ultimate hit-or-miss fantasy option in all of golf, so draft with caution.
Lee Westwood – Westwood has still never won a major, and has only cracked the top-10 once in his last five stateside tournaments.
Rory McIlroy – McIlroy has really struggled with the media circus that is constantly following him, so it may be a while until he wins another major.
Charl Schwartzel – Schwartzel has finished inside the top-20 in his last two appearances at the PGA Championships.
Martin Laird – The Scotsman has cracked the top-30 in three of his last five tournaments.
Spencer Levin – Levin finished third last weekend at the Reno-Tahoe Open and is looking much better out of the tee box than he did earlier in the year.
Matt Kuchar – The kid shows up at every tournament.
Hole to Watch:
17th Hole – The dreaded par-3 hole will have everyone reaching into their bags for their irons. It will be a true test of any golfer’s short game.
It has been known to be the windiest course in the US, so do not be shocked to see some high winds coming across the course.
2015 Fantasy Football Buy or Sell: TE Jason Witten
Jason Witten has been one of the most consistently productive tight ends in the NFL for a long time. Should fantasy football owners buy into him one more time in 2015? Read More
Fantasy Football 2015 Buy or Sell: TE Travis Kelce
After an impressive debut season in 2014, can Travis Kelce continue his rise to the top of the fantasy TE ranks in 2015? Read More
Building the Perfect FanDuel Lineup for NFL Week 1
Here is a great FanDuel lineup that you can use for Week 1 of the NFL season. Read More