Fantasy Basketball: Blake Griffin and Other January 12 Studs
Fantasy Basketball 2013: January 12 Best Performers
From great scoring performances to solid showings on defense featuring plenty of steals and blocks, elite individual performances can help owners win categories in Week 11 matchups. On Friday, January 11, SF Kevin Durant, PG Damian Lillard and SF/PF Carmelo Anthony made up the top three studs from yesterday. From Durant’s 42-point outpour against the Los Angeles Lakers to Lillard’s career-best showing in his homecoming to Oakland against the Golden State Warriors, these players certainly provided great fantasy performances for their owners in Week 11.
With eight games on Saturday, January 12, 2013, fantasy squads had plenty of opportunities to improve their statistics in different categories. Who else provided fantasy owners with great numbers on this day of NBA action?
Saturday, January 12, 2013 Honorable Mentions:
10. PF David West – 14 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists
9. PF/C Nikola Vucevic – 18 points (4-6 free throws), 15 rebounds
8. PF/C Al Jefferson – 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, four steals
7. SF/PF LeBron James – 20 points (6-7 free throws), five rebounds, seven assists, five steals, two blocks
6. SG/SF James Harden – 29 points (7-8 free throws, two made 3-pointers), nine rebounds, six assists, two steals
* The players’ percentage owned numbers for Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball leagues and player statistics are accurate as of Saturday, January 12, 2013. Player ranks are determined according to ESPN’s Daily Leaders list. FGM-A = Field Goals Made-Attempted, FTM-A = Free Throws Made-Attempted, 3PM-A = 3-Pointers Made-Attempted, GP = Games Played, PTS = Points, REB = Rebounds, AST = Assists, STL = Steals, BLK = Blocks, TO = Turnovers.
5. PG Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings
5. PG Isaiah Thomas (vs. Miami Heat, 54% owned)
Statistics: 33 minutes, 13-22 FGM-A, 2-3 FTM-A, 6-8 3PM-A, 34 PTS, 2 REB, 5 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 3 TO
Aaron Brooks sat this game out, so Thomas broke out and had one of the best games of the career. In this blowout loss to the Heat, he made six 3-pointers and had five assists with his 34 points.
4. PG Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers
4. PG Jrue Holiday (vs. Houston Rockets, 94% owned)
Statistics: 39 minutes, 11-22 FGM-A, 7-7 FTM-A, 1-3 3PM-A, 30 PTS, 3 REB, 9 AST, 4 STL, 1 BLK, 6 TO
After a poor performance on Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors, Holiday bounced back with his highest scoring performance since late November. With this 30-point showing, he continues his offensive excellence, as he’s scored in double digits in his last 21 games played.
3. SG/SF Arron Afflalo, Orlando Magic
3. SG/SF Arron Afflalo (at Los Angeles Clippers, 87% owned)
Statistics: 40 minutes, 10-19 FGM-A, 7-8 FTM-A, 3-3 3PM-A, 30 PTS, 7 REB, 7 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 1 TO
Afflalo dominated the Clippers and led the Orlando Magic to a surprising victory over one of the best teams in the Western Conference. Easily having the best season of his career, he’s certainly boosted his numbers during this recent stretch of games where he’s averaged more than 20 points per game.
2. PG Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat
2. PG Mario Chalmers (at Sacramento Kings, 41% owned)
Statistics: 30 minutes, 12-16 FGM-A, 0-0 FTM-A, 10-13 3PM-A, 34 PTS, 2 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO
Another player with a career-high performance on this day, Chalmers’ 34 points was fueled by his 10 made 3-pointers against the Kings. Tying a franchise record, his 3-pointers helped make him the first Heat player not names LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh to lead the team in scoring in a game all three played in.
1. PF/C Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
1. PF/C Blake Griffin (vs. Magic, 100% owned)
Statistics: 35 minutes, 15-22 FGM-A, 0-0 FTM-A, 0-1 3PM-A, 30 PTS, 8 REB, 7 AST, 0 STL, 1 BLK, 1 TO
While the 30 points against a young Magic frontcourt sounds very doable, Griffin also tied a season high with seven assists. Shooting 15 for 22 from the field, he was very efficient and cannot be the player blamed for the Clippers’ surprising three-point loss.
The Perfect FanDuel NBA Playoffs Lineup On Apr. 27
Join me in building the perfect NBA Playoffs FanDuel lineup for Apr. 27. Read More