After several weeks of road courses, NASCAR is finally back to hitting the pavement of an oval track. Bristol has quickly become a fan favorite track, due to the high bankings of the turns and the fact that it is the loudest of all the NASCAR tracks. To help you during your draft this weekend, here are my fantasy NASCAR rankings for the IRWIN Tools Night Race on Saturday evening:
1. Jimmie Johnson – Johnson has only won at Bristol once throughout his illustrious career, but he has still finished inside the top-10 in six of his last seven races.
2. Brad Keselowski – Keselowski won at this track earlier in year after leading a whopping 232 laps.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Earnhardt Jr. is finally living up to the hype associated with his name, so feel free to grab “Junior” each week in fantasy drafts.
4. Matt Kenseth - Kenseth has six consecutive top-10 finishes at this track and will be a huge sleeper for the race on Saturday night.
5. Martin Truex Jr. – “MTJ” has four consecutive top-10 finishes this year and has really stepped on the gas.
6. Greg Biffle – “Biff” is still number one in the point standings and the veteran is having a career season at 42 years old.
7. Jeff Gordon – Gordon has won at Bristol four times in his career and he desperately needs a win this weekend to stay in the Chase.
8. Carl Edwards – Edwards has been very erratic this year, but it is only a matter of time until the veteran starts placing again.
9. Tony Stewart – Bristol has been one of Stewart’s worst tracks, as he has shockingly only finished inside the top-5 in two of his last fourteen races.
10. Brian Vickers – Vickers led a dominating 125 laps here in March, just missing out on the checkered flag. He will be a smart pick this weekend, as he has obviously had past success on this track.