Many people may not think of Massachusetts as having great golf courses, but the course in Norton, MA is one of the most beautiful in the New England area. To help you make your fantasy picks this week, here are my fantasy golf rankings for the Deutsche Bank Championship:
1. Luke Donald – Donald has finished inside the top-ten in three of his last four tournaments. The #2 ranked player in the world has to win a stateside tournament at some point.
2. Louis Oosthuizen – The “Ozzy” has four consecutive finishes inside the top-22 and the South African will be a heavy favorite this weekend.
3. Rory McIlory – McIlroy started well at The Barclays, but after the second day, he looked fatigued. Look for him to bounce back in Massachusetts this weekend and have at least two rounds under 70 strokes.
4. Jason Dufner – “Duffman” has been in the zone over the last three months. In his last nine appearances, Dufner has finished in the top-10 six times, including two wins.
5. Brandt Snedeker – Snedeker finished second last weekend at The Barclays with a score of 7 under. He is one of the best on the tour with his putter and this strong putting always keeps him within striking distance early.
6. Lee Westwood – Westwood finished fifth at The Barclays last weekend and could be one of the most underrated approach-shot golfers in the world.
7. Bubba Watson – Watson has finished inside the top-25 in his five tournament appearances since missing the cut at the US Open in June. He is finally playing with confidence and should put on a show at the TPC Boston.
8. Tiger Woods – Woods seems to be regressing each week and may be having trouble with the rigorous training for each event. Woods may be one of the safest picks on the tour, but he is not as safe as he was a couple weeks ago.
9. Dustin Johnson – Johnson finished third at The Barclays last weekend and has 6 top-10 finishes already this year.
10. Nick Watney – Watney has been steadily improving over the last month and his win last weekend at The Barclays finally rewarded the veteran.