The BMW Championship has been growing in popularity ever since it was established in 2007 and this may be one of the most popular tournaments yet. This year it will feature all the big names on the tour, only making it more exciting for the Fantasy golf community. However, this marks the first time the tournament will be played at the Crooked Stick Golf Course in Carmel, Indiana, so expect some golfers to struggle early on. To help you during your draft this week, here are my fantasy Golf rankings for the the BMW Championship this weekend:
1. Tiger Woods – Woods finished 18 under at the Deutsche Bank Championship last weekend and is finally looking like the “Tiger” we all know and love.
2. Rory McIlroy – McIlroy has looked much better over the last month, and is finally back atop fantasy rankings.
3. Dustin Johnson– Johnson has finished inside the top-20 in four of his last five tournaments. He also won the event in 201o, so expect him to stay competitive all weekend.
4. Louis Oosthuizen – Oosthuizen has amazingly finished in the top five in three of his last four tournaments.
5. Jeff Overton – Overton is from the state of Indiana, so expect him to play well on one of his home courses.
6. Phil Mickelson – Mickelson showed some signs of life last weekend by finishing 14 under, and “Lefty” has finally started hitting some fairways.
7. Bubba Watson – Watson will be using all the woods in his bag this weekend, as the Crooked Stick course is one of the longest on the tour this year.
8. Brandt Snedeker – Snedeker has finished second and sixth in his last two tournaments, so it is only a matter of time until he wins one.
9. Sergio Garcia – The veteran finished third at The Barclays and won the Wyndham Championship. He has averaged an amazing 67.5 strokes per round over his last two tournaments and Garcia is playing like he did ten years ago.
10. Jason Dufner – “Duffman” has eight top-10 finishes on the year, and he has developed into a great fantasy option in 2012.