Edmonton Oilers Top 20 Prospects 2012: #11 – 15
We continue on with the Edmonton Oilers Top 20 Prospects. Here, we will have a look at prospects #11 – 15.
11. Tyler Bunz G – Tyler Bunz had a stellar WHL career with Medicine Hat Tigers and this year he will start his pro career. Bunz is still vying for a spot with the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL, but will likely start the season off with the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL. Ceiling – Potential starting goaltender
12. Curtis Hamilton LW - It was a slow start to Hamilton’s pro career. Learning curve is a little longer than first anticipated but the tools are there to become a solid pro. Big bodied winger as to learn the finer, physical points of the game. Could still become a scorer but could have more lasting power as a grinder. Ceiling – 2nd line grinding winger.
13. Joey Laleggia D – Offensive minded, diminutive Dman. Interesting upside to this player, could become a Jordan Leopold type, or could turn into Taylor Chorney. Should help out with puck movement and transition game in the Oilers’ organization. Ceiling – Middle Pairing offensive Dman.
14. Jujhar Khaira LW – Khaira has a well rounded offensive game. Mostly a playmaker but can score a bit. Big body, but doesn’t play overly physical. Starts his WCHA stint with Michigan Tech. The offense from him is going to be needed to justify the move and keep his arrow heading upward. A stall in his game at this level could be a warning sign. Ceiling – 2nd line offensive winger.
15. Daniil Zharkov LW – Big bodied, one shot scorer. Will remind some Edmontonians of Dustin Penner at times, but will put up numbers. A little more of a finished product than Khaira but less dimension to his game. Ceiling – 2nd line scoring winger.
5 Players the Chicago Blackhawks Need To Trade For
The Chicago Blackhawks have been going in the wrong direction in recent weeks. They need a dose of new talent to fix their woes. Read More